Regardless the nature of biological samples (blood, cell pellets, microorganisms, biopsies, soil or faeces samples, etc.), SMALTIS has all the tools to extract nucleic acids, quantify them by absorbance measurement and check their integrity. Once prepared, we can use them as a matrix to:
- Amplify specific sequences by PCR and sequenced them
- Detect the presence of DNA or RNA markers by qPCR
- Quantify the level of transcripts of targeted genes by RT-qPCR and evaluate their relative expression
- Amplify circular DNAs by Rolling Circle Amplification (RCA PCR)
- Study microbiota by Metagenomics or Metatranscriptomics.
Our team can also support the construction of your expression vectors for all your applications.